Stavri Ioannou Yoga
PILATES - MAT & PROPS
Pilates is a form of exercise which concentrates on strengthening the body with an emphasis on core strength. This helps to improve general fitness and overall well-being. Pilates concentrates on posture, balance and flexibility. While doing the various exercises your mind needs to be constantly aware of your breathing and the way your body moves. The main aim of functional Pilates is to help practitioners improve their movement function to whatever level they require for their personal activities. Irrespective of age, pathology, injury or movement abilities Pilates is suitable for everyone with prior or not experience.
Some of the benefits:
• Improve posture
• Improve overall energy
• Strengthen overall core muscles
• Better coordination
• Better concentration
• Improve flexibility with support in order to allow the joints to work through a full range of motion
• Build endurance and strength
• Learn how to utilize full, deep breaths throughout the movements
• Improve core stabilization, working from the inside out
• Create a longer, leaner, and more balanced body
• Balance the weaker parts of the body
• Improve mobility in the feet and ankles
• Improve all other activities and quality of life
“Joseph Pilates said that in 10 sessions you will feel
a change in your body, by 20 you will notice a change
and by 30 or more, you will have a better functioning body. “
More Info Soon!
A personalised lesson tailored to your requirements, at your own space or mine. Whether you have a strict schedule and you want to practice according to your need, or you are a beginner wanting to experience Pilates on your own pace and abilities this type of lesson would be ideal for you.
Already scheduled classes which take place in specific locations. All levels welcome, please contact me in advance for more details.